Chocolate Butterflies, the oldest German-English kindergarten in Munich, has been offering after-school care for around 20 children since 2017. We mainly accept children who have already been in our kindergarten. We give preference to remaining places to children who go to Gotzinger School and whose parents are willing to participate in our community.
- Loving and professional care exclusively by pedagogical specialists
- Homework supervision in German
- Bilingualism in the rest of the day care center through an open concept
together with the kindergarten
- Cosmopolitan climate, family atmosphere
- Healty Lunch
- Long opening hours from the end of school until 17:30
- All-day vacation care from 07:30 to 17:30, special activities and exciting excursions during the vacations (with a maximum of 30 closed days per year)
- A great international parent community that has grown over the years with a strong sense of togetherness
- A long tradition and strong roots in the family-friendly district of Sendling
Our pedagogical concept is based on the situational approach. The focus is on individual care: the children’s self-esteem, enjoyment of their own achievements and social skills are promoted. They are encouraged to act in a self-determined and responsible manner and are supported in developing a sense of time management. We place a high value on music, sports, festivals and outdoor activities.
The development of bilingualism is encouraged in a playful way, free from any pressure to perform and with age-specific offers. The teachers – one of whom is a native German speaker, the other an English speaker – speak to the children exclusively in their respective languages.
As a parents‘ initiative, we are a non-profit association and are supported by the Department of Education and Sports.
Educational Concept Kindergarten and After-School Hort here.