Thank you for your interest in Chocolate Butterflies! Below you will find information on our application process as well as some tips for applying.
CURRENT STATUS – February 2023:
- Kindergarten: Still accepting applications for children with birthdates Sept 2018 – Sept 2019.
- Hort/Afterschool: All spots filled.
- Before applying, please read the information about our parent initiative and how we are organized. A parent-initiative can be time-intensive and it is important that you both like the idea of having responsibilities towards your child(ren)’s care facility and have the time for this commitment (~4hr/month).
- Please also take the time to review our pedagogical concept (currently only in German, please use a translator for English). We strive to provide our children with an open-minded education and some of our approaches may not be preferred by all families.
- Only children whose principal place of residence („Erstwohnsitz“) is within the city of Munich are eligible. If you live far from our facility, please explain how you will accommodate the commute to ensure daily timeliness.
- As a bilingual institution, we welcome families who speak some English at home or have an affinity to the ‚Anglosphere‘.
- Be open in your application and take the time to provide a good submission. We read every word!
- Feel free to stop-by our local playground to introduce yourself to the teachers. However, please do not stop-by repeatedly and please do not stop-by the facility itself. Admissions is handled by the admissions team (not the teachers) and the teachers are unable to converse during their hours at the facility as it takes them away from their needed supervisory role.
- Families with flexible start dates are welcome to apply anytime because we are an international community and spots sometimes become available mid-year.
- The admissions team reviews applications in bulk in early autumn and after the new year. The selection criteria will be influenced by current student and family profiles.
- Each review round leads to individual open house invitations held subsequent to each of these rounds (roughly November and February).
- Invited families attend the open house where they receive a tour of the facility and conduct an interview with an existing CB parent and/or teacher. Our goal is to not only make sure that your family is a good fit for us but also that we are a good fit for your family.
- After a mutually-positive interview, the most favored families are notified by the end of February and invited to attend a Schnuppertag in March/April (child + one parent). This enables you to ensure that you are aligned with the CB daily model and that the teachers feel your child is a good fit with the existing children. All other favored families from the open house are added to the waiting list.
- Families of mutually-successful Schnuppertags are sent an acceptance letter shortly thereafter.
- For kindergarten children, integrations into the facility are scheduled individually thereafter with the aim to accommodate all families as best as possible given our space limits and the individual needs of all new families. (Hort children integrate into CB roughly one week before school starts to enable a less overwhelming start to the school year.)
- Contracts are prepared in accordance with the intended integration start date.
- English: https://cloud.chocolate-butterflies.de/apps/forms/s/qK9czNo4WBiKSziJo8ixj3Ay
- German: https://cloud.chocolate-butterflies.de/apps/forms/s/RZQ8Y9g9s6wNbTFYSzLLFCRS
NOTE: It is not necessary to apply to CB on the Munich Kita Finder website as our admissions process is managed directly by us through these links.